Creative and imaginative play is one of the most complex forms of play and an area where children on the autism spectrum can struggle. In this short video:
- I define creative and imaginative play.
- Explain why it is important.
- Teach 5 simple activities to help children with autism improve in creative and imaginative play that you can implement today!
5 Tips to Promote Creative and Imaginative Play
- Meet them where they are.
- Provide open-ended toys.
- Provide a variety of objects that can be used symbolically as something else.
- Role Play
- Silly Stories
For more information read the article above originally posted on Speech Blubs.