Amy Nielsen – Blogger, Podcaster, Freelance Writer, Parent Advocate, Early Intervention Specialist
I am a former educator of seventeen years. My educational background includes teaching second grade, elementary media specialist, middle school television production teacher and middle school media specialist.
Currently, I run the Big Abilities Blog and Podcast. I am also a freelance writer for Playground Magazine , contributing author at The Mighty. author of the book It Takes a Village: Get Your Hands Dirty and Build Yours From the Ground Up and Parent Advocate and Early Intervention Specialist at Collaborative Corner for Exceptional Children.
When I am not busy writing or podcasting, my family and I enjoy traveling, sports, and the wonderful weather in our home state of Florida.
Playground Magazine – Freelance Writer
I write articles for Playground magazine that appeal to Central Florida families covering a broad range of topics from female entrepreneurs to local businesses to personal interest stories.
Partner With me
I’d love to come to your next event, fundraiser or be a guest on your podcast! Here are some topics I can discuss.
- Early signs of Autism Spectrum Disorder and the importance of early intervention
- How families of special needs children can build a support system
- Why funding is so necessary for programs that support autism intervention
- Why it is important to not only focus on children with special needs struggles but also their strengths
- How to find balance in your life when you are the parent of a special needs child
- The importance of self-care for families of special needs children
- How to find not just the right resources but the best resources for children with special needs
- Using Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) strategies at home