In this episode, Amy shares how using reinforcers can help encourage positive behavior. She talks about the difference between reinforcement and bribery. She then gives practical tips on how you can begin to use reinforcers to help your child overcome challenging behaviors.
Tips for Using Reinforcers
- Choose reinforcers that are highly preferred and motivating to your child.
- The reinforcer must be contingent and delivered quickly and consistently.
- The reinforcer should match the behavior.
- Pair all tangible reinforcers with praise.
- Once success is seen over a period of time begin to fade the reinforcer by delaying delivery and/or the frequency.
It Takes a Village: Get Your Hands Dirty & Build Yours From the Ground Up
Click below to pre-order (if it is before November 1st) or purchase your copy of my first eBook! Make sure to remember after November 1st, to also download the free 21-day Build Your Village challenge!
Click Below to Contact Me!
Click Below to Join the Big Abilities Facebook Group